If your hair doesn’t absorb or retain enough moisture, your hair may appear dull & frizzy, and also it may reduce its shine. This is just because your hair is being dry.
Dry hair can affect any age group of men and women due to their common causes.
As I have said above dry hair doesn’t absorb or retain enough moisture to keep its texture and brightness, so it may look lackluster, and also it may become fragile and brittle. Although it may look unhealthy, most of the time, it is unlikely to be a health problem that causes dry hair.
In this article, I’ll discuss the following:
- Causes of dry hair
- Some effective treatments to avoid dry hair
Causes of dry hair:
Various factors can be the reason for your dry hair, including environmental conditions, hair care habits, and your physical health.
I have discussed some of the common causes below:
- Staying a lot of time in the sun or wind
- Living in a very dry and hot climate
- Often swimming in chlorinated or salty water
- Often using styling products
- Washing your hair too often
- Using electric curling irons, straighteners, or curlers
- Using unsuitable or unbranded shampoos and conditioners
- More often blow-drying your hair
In some cases, dry hair is the result of an underlying health problem that affects your hair’s ability to retain moisture.
Some effective treatments to avoid dry hair:
In many cases, you can treat dry hair through some simple changes in your lifestyle.
I have shared some treatment tips below:
- Avoid long-term exposure to dry or windy air
- It is important to protect your hair from heat and sun exposure
- You should protect your hair from chlorine and saltwater by wearing a bathing cap when swimming in a pool or the ocean
- Use moisturizing styling products
- Avoid shampooing your hair daily
- Avoid flat irons, curling irons, and electric rollers
- Use a shampoo and conditioner that are suitable to your hairstyle
- Blow-dry your hair less frequently, only use it whenever you need it
- Condition your hair whenever you wash it
- You can also apply hair oils to add luster and softness to your hair
If an underlying medical problem is causing your dry hair, you can consult to skin and hair specialist or doctor.
You can try the above-shared tips or I can say its solutions to avoid dry hair condition and also you can improve your hair health by maintaining your proper routine.
Dry hair can make brittle and fragile hair and this may lead to hair falling gradually so it’s better to take quick action without fail and make your hair healthy.